TPCN is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to assisting organizations that help women in crisis pregnancies via free, compassionate, practical, and life-affirming services.
TPCN’s Goals Are:
TPCN primarily achieves these goals by serving as the prime contractor of the Thriving Texas Families Program, funded through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. TPCN’s Program is made up of a state-wide network of pregnancy support centers, maternity residences, social service agencies, and adoption agencies that offer comprehensive, life-affirming support to women dealing with unplanned pregnancies. Known as Providers, these organizations are staffed with caring professionals and trained counselors and mentors. These centers are non-discriminatory, non-profit organizations that are monitored annually to ensure compliance with both TPCN and Health and Human Services Commission standards. The Providers offer confidential support, encouragement, guidance and practical assistance to women so they can feel supported and confident in choosing childbirth. None of TPCN’s Providers charge fees of any kind to the women and families they serve.
TPCN Providers Offer:
- Confidential counseling and/or mentoring
- Non-judgmental atmosphere of understanding and support
- Materials assistance, such as maternity and baby clothing, food, and furniture
- Temporary Shelter
- Pregnancy, childbirth and parenting classes
- Referrals to other community agencies and medical resources
- Adoption information
- Assistance with education and career decisions
- Other related services necessary for the well-being of the mother and child